you are here: home page - News Archive - Romania's national railway operator CFR will modernize the railway infrastructure

Romania's national railway operator CFR will modernize the railway infrastructure

Following to CFR schedule, shortly will be put on work several projects linked to the implementation of Romanian rail network. Around 248 million euro will cost the building of the border railway Curtici-Arad, which is expected to be completed by 2014 . The line will be built by a consortium of Alstom-Sweitelsky-Astaldi and Euro Construct Trading '98 - Dafora. Another 208 million euro has already been approved for the 23 km Sighisoara-Atel railway, which will be built by a consortium of FCC-Alpine-Azvi. The line is expected to be completed in 3 years. The European Commission will ensure 85% of financing for the two projects, while the Government will cover the remaining 15%. CFR will also modernize 4 railway stations as part of the same program.


Latest News

Newsletters


Members Area
 

 

 

SEETAC Project
Central European Initiative - CEI
Via Genova 9, 34121 Trieste (Italy)
Tel: +39-040-7786748
Fax: +39-040-7786783
e-mail: info@seetac.eu


Privacy policy